Thermal Product Solutions Announces Shipment of Gruenberg Granulation Dryer to the Pharmaceutical Industry
Thermal Product Solutions, a global manufacturer of thermal-processing equipment, announced the shipment of a granulation dryer to a manufacturer of specialty pharmaceuticals. This granulation dryer will be used for curing tablets or granulation and is designed with the capability to produce 330 kilograms per batch. The granulation dryer is designed to process a 330 kilogram load on four (4) stainless steel trucks per batch cycle.
The maximum temperature rating of this pharmaceutical Granulation dryer is 180° F, and the work chamber dimensions are 92” W x 81” D x 74” H. The granulation dryer body is constructed with 304L Stainless Steel and is designed with a continuously welded, sealed liner and ¾” radius corners for ease of cleaning. A high volume horizontal airflow system was utilized for optimal air distribution and uniformity. The tablet curing/granulation dryer is designed to maintain a temperature uniformity of ± 5° F at a test temperature of 160° F.
“At TPS, we understand that in the pharmaceutical industry, preventing contamination is of the utmost importance. This tablet curing and granulation dryer has a continually welded and sealed liner, as well as HEPA air intake and exhaust filters to keep out contaminates.” – Denny Mendler, Gruenberg Product Manager
Unique features of this Gruenberg granulation dryer include:
- High volume 10,400 CFM horizontal airflow system
- Steam coil with a 425,194 BTUH capacity
- Touch Screen programmable temperature controller with Ethernet communications
- High limit thermostat to prevent overheating
- Temperature uniformity of +/- 5°F at 160° F
- Partlow MRC9000 VersaChart, two-pen, four-color, 12” circular chart recorder
- Magnehlic Differential Pressure gauge